Sunday, June 6, 2010

Knight In Shining Armor


KNIGHT OF PENTACLES


"I'll reach out my hand to you,
I'll have faith in all you do
Just call my name
And I'll be there...

...I'll be there to protect you
With an unselfish love I respect you
Just call my name and I'll be there."*


~ ~ ~


I slept in a room last night! After breaking the fast, I set out to explore the Land of Pentacles. There were many fields in various phases of working the land for a bountiful harvest. Between the mountains to the North, and the edge of the kingdom to the south, I traveled through fields, woods, across meadows with beautiful wildflowers. Approaching a newly plowed field I saw a young knight, in full armor, upon his trusty steed; both stock still, as if frozen in time. He beckoned to me, and greeted me as the son of the King and his Lady Queen. He'd been told that I was visiting. He offered to show me around, asked if I needed anything. He had a horse brought over so I could ride with him. As we retraced me morning journey, he told me what field would harvest which bounty. This was certainly an industrious kingdom.

First Impression Looking at the card, I felt as if it was paused in time. Like the other two (especially The Queen) it was a quiet and gentle card. It was literally down to 'Earth' and quite grounded, while portraying a knight within a wealthy family domain.

Image Here is a young man (the son of the King and Queen), completely covered in armor - showing only the outer qualities of this Earthy suit. What lay beneath the armor could well be a very different person, filled with wild passions, but always careful to present the correct demeanor when out in public. He is surrounded by Nature and the worked lands which he will inherit one day. He is proud of his position, while at the same time, retaining his composure. The lands show the gradations from a newly plowed field, to wild flower meadows, to cultivated lands which lead into forests, and finally to misty mountains; the progression of growth (evolution). His horse is dressed in the richness of the lush greens and purple and gold of the kingdom.

insights Within any moment of daily life, he has learned to take time to gather his thoughts, and to meditate upon plans for his world. The armor shows his station, but hides who he is at heart. Yet there is a sense of poise, wealth - born of hard work - and the peaceful manner born of inner spiritual wealth and work. This is a very dependable young man; reliable, responsible, practical, trustworthy, solid and honorable; always willing to help.


*song for Knight of Pentacles: I'll Be There by the Jackson 5

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! An apt interpretation - nearly all Knights of Pentacles have given my that impression - of action born of duty - but which is given to all, regardless of station. I always smell rich loam and the dampness of morning when I see this card.

    ReplyDelete