Saturday, July 24, 2010

Unbreak My Heart


THREE OF SWORDS


"Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain.
Come back, and bring back my smile
Come and take these tears away...

Unbreak my heart,
Say you'll love me again..."*


! ! !


This is a chilling image. I had to stop and think what the 'three-ness' was. I don't see mastering here, though the heart is red - courage, passion. The image shows a heart, like the Ace, suspended in the sky, but here it is pierced by three swords, one definitely (from my perspective) dripping blood. It is raining, which to me means tears; the sky gray, the sun hidden. It feels more like the 5 from the Pents: total despair. This is a broken heart.

The swords are each different. Is this the mastery of destruction? Beating the enemy down?

From an outside perspective, this is all saddness, depression. Perhaps from the inside (Sword people) perspective, it is about winning - the middle of the battle? Or simply tears of woe?

MANY DAYS LATER:

Life's been really getting 'too much fun' (as the tow truck driver said when our car broke down in near triple digit temps when we were living in Texas)... a eupemism for no joy, bad times, trying times... yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, the love of my life, my life's partner is going through some health issues that leave him in tremendous pain, and ... long story short, he went through a medical procedure, which while successful, the recovery process is big time bad/hard. The morning of the procedure, I did a daily at the hotel near the facility where the 'surgery' would take place. Typical (as my blog shows) THEME, GUIDE, MEDITATION and SHADOW CARD. So, the 3 of swords shows up in that reading in the meditation spot. I freaked just seeing it there, but had to really think about what it would mean in terms of a card to meditate on. Here was my take on it:

The heart break of seeing my sweetheart suffering brings with it that pain goes with healing. Meditate on the fixing of things for which the procedure was needed.

I realize sometimes I don't actually associate my reading with things in my day as much as with my spiritual/inner work. But a daily draw, must by virtue of the fact it reflects on the WHOLE day, not just one aspect, get me to look at the bigger picture.

Of course this brings up so many other kinds of questions about readings, and meanings which I need to really begin looking at, talking with others about it, and such much.


*song for Three of Swords: Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton

No comments:

Post a Comment