Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Unbreak My Heart


THREE OF SWORDS


"Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain.
Come back, and bring back my smile
Come and take these tears away...

Unbreak my heart,
Say you'll love me again..."*


! ! !


This is a chilling image. I had to stop and think what the 'three-ness' was. I don't see mastering here, though the heart is red - courage, passion. The image shows a heart, like the Ace, suspended in the sky, but here it is pierced by three swords, one definitely (from my perspective) dripping blood. It is raining, which to me means tears; the sky gray, the sun hidden. It feels more like the 5 from the Pents: total despair. This is a broken heart.

The swords are each different. Is this the mastery of destruction? Beating the enemy down?

From an outside perspective, this is all saddness, depression. Perhaps from the inside (Sword people) perspective, it is about winning - the middle of the battle? Or simply tears of woe?

*song for Three of Swords: Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton

No comments:

Post a Comment